Chapel / Church Renovations
"The historic environment is a key part of the heritage and traditions of Wales." CADW
Wales has many unused and abandoned Church Buildings. Darkin Architects have the experience and know-how to help you renovate these buildings whilst carefully respecting their historic identity, whether a Listed Building or not.
Top Tips for a Successful Chapel or Church Renovation
- Find out if the building is Listed
- Find out the established use, the local planning department may be able to help you. Alternatively, a council tax or business rates bill might be a clue
- Contact the previous owner if you can and see what they know
- Speak to the local diocese or equivalent organisation
- Consult with an archaeologist - there may be remains under the floor or in the grounds
- Are you eligible for funding? You may be able to get a grant for some of the cost of the renovation.
- Contact Darkin Architects for expert advice
Please find below a list of websites that might be of interest. A link to an external website from this website is not an endorsement or approval of that website, the site’s owners, or their products and services. We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
Cadw is the Welsh Government's historic environment service working for an accessible and well-protected historic environment for Wales.
Shown below are some examples of the projects we've completed in the Chapel / Church Renovations category.